1. "Lost!" by Coldplay: My personal favourite from their new album, Viva La Vida. It's powerful, upbeat, and simply beautiful.
2. "Dream Scream" by Death Cab for Cutie: This is a cover from the album The Late Great Daniel Johnston. If you don't know who Daniel Johnston is, look it up. You'll want to know. Beautiful song, haunting.
3. Almost Lover by A Fine Frenzy: Her voice is incredibly captivating. This song is beautifully sad, but in a wonderful way.
4. The Trapeze Swinger by Iron & Wine: Anything by this man, really. But this in particular. A bit hard to find because it was exclusively done for the In Good Company soundtrack, but a wonderful, beautiful, & otherwise amazing song.
5. My Love Has Gone by Josh Rouse: Acoustic ramblings, but beautifully done. I love this guy.
6. Custom Concern by Joshua James: This is a Modest Mouse cover, I LOVE Joshua James' voice. It's wonderful. It makes you want to listen on repeat.
7. Seaside by The Kooks: I love the Kooks. This is my favourite song by them. The end.
8. Where I Stood by Missy Higgins: The chorus of this song is incredible. Her voice is powerful as they come.
9. Dies Irae by Rage: This is quite a different pace from what I usually like, but I love Dies Irae from Requiem. Powerful, something for at least one listen. :)
10. Out of my League by Stephen Speaks: This song is precious, I adore it.
11. Green by Brenden James: I love the piano in this song. It's gorgeous... and powerful. I see a trend...
12. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve: This song is a semi-oldie but I'm surprised at the number of people who haven't heard it. A beautiful song.
13. Moab by Conor Oberst: Conor's single album is anything but a disappointment. This is an incredible song. It made it as #31 on Rolling Stone's 2008's best singles list.
14. New Soul by Yael Naim: A catchy, bubbly song. For those in a happy mood.
15. Baby, I Want You by Amos Lee: This song is so simple, it's hard not to love. For those with a minimilistic ear and a taste for acoustic.
16. Believable Doubt by Andy Davis: Based on a significant time in Andy's life, this song is beautiful. The chorus is amazing.
17. Forever by Ben Harper: Another semi-oldie. One of my favourite love songs. The lyrics are especially wonderful, the song is incredibly melodic.
18. For Emma by Bon Iver: He also made it onto the Rolling Stone top list. This song is beautiful, you could rock a baby to sleep to it.
19. Paper Planes by M.I.A.: You've probably heard it, but listen again. You won't be able to get it out of your head, and that's a good thing.
20. Cologne (Piano Orchestra Edition) by Ben Folds: My favourite off of his new CD. Played with an entire ORCHESTRA of grand pianos... each sound you hear, even the strumming is from them. Such an inventive, beautiful song.
So, there you have it. Throughout the year we will be having more of these lists of songs to listen to. So keep reading. :)